ISO image burning is rather a need when your system is compromised due to malware attack and you need to format, or you need to reset your forgotten password of your admin account. Thus if you are not fully aware of how to burn ISO image file onto to disk especially on Mac computers, this article would be the best guideline to show you the methodology. Mac besides windows computers has got certain discrepancies which makes it a bit different from others, but if you have got the right ISO image burning tool to accomplish your task, Mac computers can be as supportive as the Windows computers.
Also read: How to burn ISO file to USB on Windows
Besides, the user needs to have a basic idea of what burning of ISO image file means exactly. Well, if you are not fully aware, then you should know that ISO image files are fragmented files or achieve files of an optical disk which are compressed in the form of an Image called ISO image. It is specifically characterized by the extension it uses, that is .iso file. Thus if you want to create a bootable disk on mac then you have to burn the ISO image files onto the disk by segregating a partitioned zone within the disk to avail the compressed files and make them executable.
The methods in this article will show you how to make a bootable USB/DVD from ISO image files on Mac . Keep reading to know them in full-length.
Method #1: Create Bootable USB/DVD on Mac Using Disk Utility
Instead of trying out with an external agent, it would be better to make use of the in-built application of Mac, called Disk Utility to burn the ISO image files on disk to make them bootable. It comes pre-installed with the Mac OS so you don’t have to worry about its downloading and installation. Just follow the steps below to burn ISO files to USB/DVD on Mac OS X.
Step 1. Go to the "Applications" and then "Utilities".
Step 2. Locate the app "Disk Utility" from the apps available on the "Utilities" folder.
Step 3. Now pull down the fileStep 4. Browse to the ISO image file that you want to get burnt into your specific drive and click "Ok". menu and choose "Open Disk Image". Browse to the ISO image file that you want to get burnt into your specific drive and click "Ok".
Step 4. Insert the empty disk, be it CD/DVD or USB with a comparable storage capacity depending upon the size of the ISO image.
Step 5. Now click "Burn" to burn the ISO image files into the disk and wait until the burning is completed.
- Sometimes the app might intermittently stop in between the process if the file size is too heavy.
- Errors are reported with Disk Utility. and only works with OS X 10.10 or lower.
- There are bugs issues, present while burning the ISO image files.
Method #2: Burn ISO to USB/DVD/CD on Mac OS X using WizBurn
Mac OS comes with a great a tool for making bootable USB/DVD from ISO, but unfortunately, it doesn’t seem to work for burning ISO images to USB drives on Mac because it may comes with some sort of cryptic errors. Here we will introduce a professional ISO burning tool for your Mac OS X.
iSeePassword WizBurn is an astounding ISO burning tool which supports both Windows and Mac computers. It provides 5 powerful key feature including ISO Burner, ISO Extractor, ISO Maker, ISO Editor and Copy Disc. Here in this section, we would only focus on burning ISO image to USB/DVD on Mac OSX . iSeePassword WizBurn has been incessantly serving countless users across the internet with its exceptional service and its advanced features which makes it different from other ISO burning tools.
- Just 3 simple steps to burn ISO to USB/DVD on Mac OS X without getting errors.
- It works for both GPT (UEFI boot) and MBR (legacy BIOS/CMS boot) modes.
- It supports all types of system files- FAT. FAT 32, and NTFS.
- Supports both windows and Mac OS X.
Step 1. Get the program file downloaded on your Mac OS X. Launch it admin privileges so that you can exercise all the admin rights.
Step 2. Firstly browse the ISO image source file from the source location.
Step 3. Either choose "Create a Bootable CD/DVD" or "Create a Bootable USB" depending upon the type of disk you are using to burn your ISO image files. Insert your USB or DVD/CD to your Mac OS X.
Step 4. Select your file format from the "System File" section as FAT, FAT 32, NTFS.
Step 5. After you have chosen all your priorities, click on "Burn" button to burn the ISO image file. It will take few minutes and your bootable disk will be created with the ISO image burnt onto the disk.
Burning ISO image files on Mac is not that difficult job to pull off if you have the basic idea of ISO image files and have the right choice for Burning ISO image tools to accomplish the task. Form the article above, you can clearly deduce that iSeePassword WizBurn is the only reliable burning image tool with no demerits or limitations at all. It has been tested with many brands of computers and operating systems including the Mac OS, thus you can completely rely on it to burn ISO file to USB/DVD on Mac OS X without getting any errors.
- EDITORS' PICK
- • Burn ISO to USB
- • Burn ISO File to DVD
- • How to Make Bootable USB Flash Drive from ISO
- • How to Create A Bootable USB/DVD on Mac OS
- • Make A Bootable DVD from ISO Image on Windows 10
- • Top Free ISO Burner Software
- • How to Make ISO from Folder/DVD/CD
- • Extract Conent from ISO
- • How to Edit ISO Image
- • How to Add, Delete File to ISO Image
- • How to Vew ISO Files on Windows 10
- • How to Copy DVD to ISO
- • How to Open and Run ISO Files Windows
- • ISO Creator
- • Alternative to Poweriso
- • UltraISO Not Working
- WINDOWS TIPS
- • How to Create Windows 7 Password Reset Disk
- • Enable Build-in Administrator Account on Windows
- • Best Ophcrack Alternative
- • Forgot BIOS Password
- • How to Boot Windows Server in Safe Mode
- • How to Reset Surface Tablet Password
- • Reset Windows 8 Tablet to Factory
- • Reset Windows Password with Ubuntu Free
- • Best Ophcrack Alternative
- • Factory Reset Windows 7