When it comes to the remembering password and codes, it becomes difficult for any one single person to keep track of it. Since there are so many information and files that are there in the system, it becomes imperative to secure all files so that there are no third party interventions. And these are the situations where the forgotten password scenario comes into being. It is quite common that these passwords will be lost track of and it will be difficult to regain access. If so, it will be very frustrating to attempt booting your Windows 10 computer only to discover that you've been locked out of it by a password you can't remember. This problem is very common because PC owners tend to set complicated admin passwords to prevent other users from guessing their input details.
Three scenarios you may forgot your Windows 10 Password easily.
1) If you set a complex password you're not likely to remember, you will definitely forget it, especially if you didn't write it down somewhere.
2) Another category of PC users quickly set their passwords without giving a second thought to what they are using to lock their Windows system. In such cases, an individual will end up forgetting the password instantly, thus locking their windows PC in the process.
3) If you don't frequently use your Windows 10 for some reasons, you're likely to forget your password since you don't use it every other day. Whatever it is, the 3 scenarios above are likely to keep you out from accessing your computer, at least temporarily.
Method 1: Reset Lost Windows 10 administrator Password with Reset Disk
There are a lot of people don't realize the importance of password reset disk features in Windows 10 or they don't bother to create a password reset disk. If you forgot your Windows 10 password and have a crated reset disk in your hand, resetting password becomes very easy.
Step 1: First access to your Windows 10 login screen. Simply type your a wrong password and Reset your password will pop up.
Step 2. Then insert your USB flash drive password reset disk to your computer then click the link.
Step 3: The wizard will guide you to reset your password. You can also create a new password for your local user account.
Note: We highly recommend that you make a password reset disk when you crate a password for your computer. Just in case you forget. This method only works with a local admin account, if you have no reset disk tool, then you see the second solution blow.
Method 2: Reset Windows 10 Login Password without Reset Disk - Recovery Tool
It is encouraging that Windows helps us create a password reset disk in case we forgot login password. But a lot of times you have trouble remembering the password and didn't have a USB reset disk that created previously, what should you do? In fact. You still have the chance to immediately and easily reset your forgotten Windows 10 password without reset disk. Just try iSeePassword Windows Recovery program. Which can be installed inside of the Windows virtual space without access to your computer, it will read the Windows underlying data and iSO files and can be opened in DOS mode without password, it provides users with a visual operating interface, that's very easy to use. With iSeePassword Recovery tool you can directly burn ISO files to USB drive/DVD/CD in Windows 10/8/7, then reset your password without disk, and create a new administrator account easily.
- Just 3 simple steps to reset Windows password without system reinstallation and without Data lost.
- Two ways to create bootable reset disk with CD/DVD or USB flash drive.
- Remove or reset Windows administrator and other user password for local account.
- Support Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, 2000, etc. and Windows server.
To reset Windows 10 password, you will need:
1) A USB drive or black DVD or CD.
2) An accessible Windows computer or borrow from friend's.
3) iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery program, you can directly download it below.
1Download and Install Windows Password Recovery on a Normal Computer
The first and the foremost step are to download and install the Windows recovery tool on a accessible computer. You can see the main windows below. What is required now is a USB flash drive or DVD so that can create a bootable reset disk. This tutorial takes USB drive as an example.
2 Insert the USB drive to Accessible Computer, then Create a Bootable Password Reset Disk
Run the program and then make sure to select on the USB option device. After the selection, click on the 'Burn USB' option and then begin the burning process. When finish the process, just eject the USB drive.
3Insert the USB to the Password-locked Computer and Boot Computer from USB Drive
This step you need to insert your USB drive to your locked Windows 10 computer and go to the reboot option. Reboot your computer and type the key like Del, F12, F2 or other certain keyboard to enter into BIOS settings. Different brands have different methods to enter the BIOS settings. Then choose the booting option from USB or CD/DVD.
4Start to Reset Your Windows 10 Password.
You need to changed the boot order to USB drive then restart your computer, this time, the iSeePassword Windows Password recovery Pro will be opened during the booting. In this step, the program will detect all the account you set in the computer, here it can reset admin, users, local, Guest and homeGoup users password. You just select the target users that you want to reset, then click the "Reset Password" to begin. You can also click "Add User" button to create a new account for your computer.
After resetting the password, the password of target user will be blank, then you need to click on the "Reboot" option and then restart the computer . Now, the computer will be started without prompting password.
Doen! As you can see, the process of recovering your Windows 10 password is much the same as it has been in Windows 7 and above. Thus with the help of program you can reset lost password without having to use a disk. But the most important thing is that you actually follow the instructions properly so that each of the steps and the guidelines are correctly pointed up. The current version of iSeePassword is compatible with all Windows system including Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 8.1and Windows 10, both 32-bit and 64-bit systems.
Make sure that you don't procure any complicated password again that you forget it in the future, though you have the iSeePassword tool to save you the trouble even if you do it mistakenly. None of your ongoing tasks will be interrupted for certain and you can safely and effortlessly enter your account without the need of any password.
Method 3: Reset Windows 10 Administrator Password with Trinity Rescue Kit
TRK abbreviated commonly for Trinity Rescue Kit is a well-known and versatile password recovery tool, it's also specifically designed to recover and repair data. It basically requires a separate computer or laptop to create a password disk and then you can easily unlock your system with the help of it. The method is a little difficult to pull over, so you need to be proficient with computers to avoid any mishaps.
Step 1. Firstly download the ISO image file of the utility on an accessible computer and but the image files in a empty flash drive or CD/DVD.
Step 2. Insert your loaded reset disk and restart your computer. It would read your reset disk instead of your hard drive and a new TRK menu will turn up on the screen like the following screen.
Step 3. Select "Windows Password Resetting" option from the list options shown and then hit "Enter" to continue.
Step 4. Select "winpass prompts for username first" and enter your profile name which is currently locked.
Step 5. The software will fetch the OS details and all that you have to do is to press 1 to clear the password protection.
- Fairly complicated, and don't have a graphical interface. Commands required.
- It doesn't work with Windows 64 bit versions.
- Easily cause the system down or crashed. Not recommend if you're greener.
Method 4: Reset Microsoft Account Password Online
If you have a Microsoft account already, then you must know that this account is a centralized common account which can be accessed via any device, provided you have your username and password. So we are going to access your MS account from any other device and change the password to make the change permanent in your locked account.
Step 1. Click the link to visit the website: Microsoft's reset website
Step 2. Once the website page turns up, click on "I forgot my password" option.
Step 3. Enter your Microsoft account username and password and hit "Enter" to enter the MS account.
Step 4. Provide either your alternate email ID or mobile number to receive your OTP (One Time Password) code.
Step 5. Enter your OTP and click "Next". Input your new password twice and then click "Next".
Step 6. Restart your computer again, and this time, enter the newly created MS password on the login screen and you will get a clean access to your account's contents.
If your computer has too been locked out due to forgetting the password, then you should not waste your time on pondering the solutions, rather utilize the methods mentioned above in the article to bring about the required results. And if you want to ensure 100% guaranteed result, the better prefer the iSeePassword Windows Password Recovery Pro tool. It has been tested and validated on many levels after receiving countless positive feedbacks from the users across the globe.
- EDITORS' PICK
- • Forgot Windows 7 Password
- • Windows 7 Password Reset
- • Bypass Windows 7 Password
- • I Forgot My Dell Password
- • How to Reset Windows 10
- • How to Remove Windows 8 Login Password
- • How to Use Windows Password Key
- • Reset HP Laptop Password
- • Windows 8 Password Reset
- • Reset Domain Password on Windows Server 2008 R2
- • What to Do I I Forgot Password on Windows Vista
- • How to Reset Toshiba My Forgotten Laptop Password
- • Asus Laptop Password Reset
- • I Forgot Acer Loing Password
- • Reset Lenovo Laptop Admin Password If I Forgot
- WINDOWS TIPS
- • How to Create Windows 7 Password Reset Disk
- • Enable Build-in Administrator Account on Windows
- • Best Ophcrack Alternative
- • Forgot BIOS Password
- • How to Boot Windows Server in Safe Mode
- • How to Reset Surface Tablet Password
- • Reset Windows 8 Tablet to Factory
- • Reset Windows Password with Ubuntu Free
- • Best Ophcrack Alternative
- • Factory Reset Windows 7