What if you have an old password-protected PDF file whose password you do not remember any longer? What if you need to access the file urgently? No need to worry as there are a few ways to decrypt the PDF file and bypass the password. In this article we will discuss various methods to remove security password from the PDF files.
Method 1: Google Chrome to Crack PDF Password
You can use Google Chrome to remove the password from PDF. But, this method will only work if you already know the password. If you do not know the password, skip to the next method in this article. Chrome comes packed with a native PDF reader and does not require any additional plugin. You can open the password protected file in Chrome browser and then save it on your hard disk sans the password. Here are the simple steps:
1. Open Chrome browser on your computer.
2. Locate the PDF file you wish to crack the password from on your hard disk.
3. Drag and drop the file onto the Chrome Window.
4. Chrome will now begin to render the file. Enter the PDF file password when prompted by Chrome. You should now be able to see the file within the Chrome Window
5. Press CTRL + P (if you are using Windows PC. If you are using Mac, press CMD + P) to bring up the print menu.
6. On the left pane, under ‘Destination' press ‘Change' button.
7. Choose ‘Save as PDF' as the new destination on the popup Window.
Method 2: The Best Solution to Crack Password from PDF Document
As we know there are two kinds of password that can be used on PDF file, Owner password and user password. Many online PDF password breaker service will only help you break owner password. But two break two password, we highly recommend using PDF Password Remover, which is one of the best password break tool you will find. It helps you break PDF passwords as well as any other restrictions. Whether the PDF file has the owner password or master password, this incredible program will take care of all.
Just download the trail and try to crack PDF security password all by yourself. Easy, and safe, never damage to your original PDF data.
1Download and Install PDF Password Cracker on A Computer
After you download the program on your computer, install and run it, then you will see the main interface like blow. Click the Add button to import PDF files. You're allowed to add up to 200 file a time. Even though the program still shows consistency in play and never crashed.
NOTE: You're allowed to clear the imported PDF lists by clicking Remove button on the top toolbar.
2Set An Output Folder to Save Your PDF Files
There are two ways to saved the exported PDF files, one is save the target PDF on the source folder. It means you can save the PDF on the folder where the source file are. You can also specify an output folder for the exported PDF files.
3Start to Break PDF Password Now
After you imported the PDF files and specify the output folder, just click the Start button to begin the breaking process. If there is a lock icon appearing on the PDF item bar, it means the imported PDF file is protected by open user,then you will be asked to type the Open password in the pop up window.
Method 3: Use One of the Free Online Tools to Crack PDF Password
If you don't know the password of the PDF file, Method 1 will not work. Thankfully, there are several online tools that let you crack the password of various types of PDF files. Some of these tools also allow you to select multiple files at a time. This saves you effort and time. But, there are some serious drawbacks of using the free online tools. First of all, most such free tools restrict password crack to PDF files of certain size. For instance, you may not be able to crack the password if the file size exceeds 100 MB. You also need high speed internet connection to process multiple files.
You can check these online PDF password cracker sites:
|Need online access||Need online access||Need online access|
Type of files
|All files||Owner-Restricted files only||All files|
|Preserved||Some formatting may not be preserved||Preserved|
One of the biggest challenges is that you cannot always trust these tools. There are some sites that end up sneaking in the malicious programs to your computer. That's certainly not what you want.
If you are still using the free online tools, here are the generic steps to crack the PDF password:
1. Open the web browser on your computer and visit the website which you intend to use to crack PDF password.
2. Click the button 'Select Files' or 'Open Files' (the button label may vary across sites). The 'Open' dialogue box should appear.
3. Select the PDF file (or files) from which you wish to remove the password.
4. Click 'Open' button at the bottom and wait for the website to complete the process.
If you are lucky, the website will process all the files successfully. However, more often than not, you may encounter an error message. These websites are not very effective. So, what is the solution? Look at the method 3.
When you receive a password-protected PDF file in email, the file text is unsearchable. Also, you may have an old file whose password you may have forgotten. In both the cases, you can use the methods outlined above to crack the password.
- EDITORS' PICK
- • Remove PDF Security Password
- • Crack Password from PDF File
- • 2 Free Ways to Convert MS Word to PDF
- • How to Convert PDF to Word
- • How to Reset Windows 10
- • Top Three PDF Editor
- • Top 4 PDF Converter on Mac
- • How to Unlock PDF Password
- • How to Decrypt PDF Password
- • How to Convert Text to PDF
- • Add Bookmarks to a PDF manually
- • How to Merge PDF Files into One
- • Split PDF into Mmultiple Files
- • How to Password Protect PDF
- • Compress PDF File Size
- WINDOWS TIPS
- • How to Create Windows 7 Password Reset Disk
- • Enable Build-in Administrator Account on Windows
- • Best Ophcrack Alternative
- • Forgot BIOS Password
- • How to Boot Windows Server in Safe Mode
- • How to Reset Surface Tablet Password
- • Reset Windows 8 Tablet to Factory
- • Reset Windows Password with Ubuntu Free
- • Best Ophcrack Alternative
- • Factory Reset Windows 7