Unfortunately, it is not possible to view saved WiFi passwords on an iPhone without accessing the device’s keychain or using a third-party app. These options usually require a Mac or jailbroken iPhone.
However, if your iPhone is currently connected to the WiFi network, you can go to Settings > WiFi > and tap on the “i” icon next to the network name to view the password. If you don’t remember the password, you could try resetting your router or contacting your Internet Service Provider for assistance.
How can I see my Wi-Fi password on my iPhone without Mac?
Can I see my Wi-Fi password on my iPhone?
Yes, you can view the Wi-Fi password for networks you’ve joined previously on your iPhone without needing to re-enter it. Here’s how:
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Wi-Fi.
3. Find the Wi-Fi network you want to view the password for and tap on the "i" icon next to it.
4. Tap on "Share Password" and confirm with Touch ID, Face ID or your iPhone passcode.
5. The password for the Wi-Fi network will appear in the pop-up window.
Note that you’ll need to be connected to the Wi-Fi network at the time you’re trying to view the password.
How do I find my Wi-Fi password on my iPhone 13?
To find your Wi-Fi password on your iPhone 13, follow the steps below:
1. Open the "Settings" app on your iPhone 13.
2. Tap on "Wi-Fi" in the list of options.
3. Find the Wi-Fi network for which you want to view the password, and tap on the "i" icon next to the network name.
4. Tap on "Forget This Network." You will be asked to confirm this action. Tap on "Forget" to proceed.
5. Once you have forgotten the network, tap on the Wi-Fi network again and enter the password. The next time you connect to this network, your iPhone 13 will automatically remember the password.
Alternatively, if you have previously backed up your iPhone 13 to iCloud and have Keychain enabled, your Wi-Fi passwords should automatically sync across your devices, including your iPhone 13. You can also view your saved Wi-Fi passwords in the Keychain Access app on a Mac or in the iCloud Keychain on another iOS device.
How do I find my saved Wi-Fi password?
On a Windows PC:
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Click on Network and Internet.
3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
4. Click on the name of your Wi-Fi network.
5. Click on the Wireless Properties button.
6. Click on the Security tab.
7. Check the box next to "Show characters" to reveal your saved Wi-Fi password.
On a Mac:
1. Click on the Apple icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Select System Preferences.
3. Click on the Network icon.
4. Select your Wi-Fi network from the list on the left.
5. Click on the Advanced button.
6. Click on the Wi-Fi tab.
7. Check the box next to "Show password" to reveal your saved Wi-Fi password.
It’s important to note that in both cases, you will need administrative privileges to access the saved password.
How to find saved Wi-Fi password on iPhone when not connected?
If you have saved a Wi-Fi password on your iPhone and are not currently connected to that network, you can find the saved password through your device’s settings.
1. Go to "Settings" on your iPhone and select "Wi-Fi".
2. Make sure Wi-Fi is turned on and then find the network you want to view the password for.
3. Tap on the (i) icon next to the network name.
4. Tap on "Forget This Network" and confirm the action.
5. Next, reconnect to the network and enter the password to ensure it is correct.
6. If the password is correct, go back to "Settings" and select "General".
7. Scroll down and tap on "Reset".
8. Select "Reset Network Settings".
9. Enter your device passcode if prompted and confirm the action.
10. Reconnect to the Wi-Fi network and the password should appear under the network name.
It is important to note that resetting network settings will also erase any other saved Wi-Fi passwords on your device, so it should be done with caution.
How do I share the Wi-Fi password on my iPhone?
To share the Wi-Fi password on your iPhone with another device, you can use the "Share Password" feature. Here are the steps to do it:
1. Make sure that both devices are within Bluetooth and Wi-Fi range.
2. On the device that needs the Wi-Fi password, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
3. Tap the Wi-Fi network that you want to join, and a password prompt will appear.
4. On your iPhone that is already connected to the Wi-Fi network, unlock your iPhone and bring it close to the other device.
5. A pop-up notification will appear on your iPhone asking if you want to share the Wi-Fi password with the other device. Tap "Share Password."
6. The other device will automatically complete the Wi-Fi login process using the password that was shared from your iPhone.
Note that this feature only works between Apple devices running iOS 11 or later and macOS High Sierra or later.
How do I share my Wi-Fi password on my iPhone?
On an iPhone running iOS 11 or later, you can easily and securely share your Wi-Fi password with someone who also has an iPhone or iPad that’s nearby and connected to your Wi-Fi network. Just follow these steps:
1. Make sure your iPhone is unlocked and connected to your Wi-Fi network.
2. Ask the person who needs your Wi-Fi password to bring up the Wi-Fi settings on their iPhone or iPad.
3. Have them tap on the name of your Wi-Fi network.
4. When prompted to enter the password, have them bring their device close to your iPhone and make sure Bluetooth is turned on for both devices.
5. You’ll see a pop-up message on your iPhone asking if you want to share the password for the Wi-Fi network with the other device. Tap on "Share Password."
6. The other device should automatically connect to the Wi-Fi network and be ready to use.
Note that this process only works if both devices are running iOS 11 or later, and have Bluetooth turned on. If the other person has an Android device, or an iPhone that’s not running the latest version of iOS, you’ll need to tell them the password manually.
What is the Wi-Fi password of this phone?
In a certain sense, I do not have access to the passwords of specific devices. However, Wi-Fi passwords provide access to private networks and should only be shared with authorized individuals or devices. It is important to ensure that a strong and unique password is used to protect against unauthorized access and potential security breaches. It is recommended to periodically update Wi-Fi passwords and refrain from sharing them with others unless necessary for authorized access.