Changing your YouTube name does not require you to change your email name. You can easily accomplish this by following these steps:
1. Log in to YouTube with the account whose username you’d like to change.
2. Click on your profile picture at the top right of the screen and select ‘Settings’ from the drop-down menu that appears.
3. Under ‘Account Information’, click on ‘Edit’ next to your current display name, which is usually associated with a Google Account username or Gmail address (if applicable).
4. Type in a new display name and choose whether it should be visible publicly by checking or unchecking ‘Show my channel on my Google+ profile’ box below it, then click ‘Save Changes’.
5. Your new display name will replace the current one for all channels connected to that account, but any comments previously made under an old username won’t be changed automatically – they must be edited manually if required.
How to change name on YouTube without changing Google account name?
How do I change my YouTube username only?
Changing your YouTube username is a relatively easy process. To begin, go to the settings section of your YouTube account. Once in the settings menu, click on “Edit on Google” option and enter a new username. After you have entered the desired username and it has been accepted by YouTube, simply save your changes and you will be good to go!
Is your YouTube name the same as your email?
No, it does not have to be. It is recommended that you choose a unique name for your YouTube channel that reflects the type of content you will be producing and makes it easy for people to find and remember who you are. If possible, try to select something that isn’t already taken by another user. Additionally, make sure to use an appropriate profile picture or logo so viewers know they have found the right channel.
Can I change my name on YouTube but not Gmail?
Yes, you can change your name on YouTube without changing it in Gmail. To do so, log into YouTube and click the profile icon in the top right corner of the page. From there, select ‘Settings’ and choose ‘Advanced Settings’ from the menu. On this page, you will find an option to edit your display name – enter your new desired name here and save changes. You may also need to verify that you are using a genuine identity before making any changes to ensure compliance with YouTube’s terms of service.
Can you have a different YouTube name and Gmail name?
Yes, you can have a different YouTube name and Gmail name. To do so, you’ll need to create two separate accounts on each platform: one for your YouTube account and another for your Gmail account. When creating the YouTube account, make sure to select a unique name that is easy to remember and relevant to the content you plan to upload. When creating your Gmail account, it’s best practice to use an email address that isn’t associated with any other websites or services. After both accounts are created, be sure to link them together in order for them both show up when signing into either service.
Can my YouTube name be the same as another?
No, YouTube usernames must be unique. If you attempt to create a username that is already in use, you will receive an error message notifying you of this issue. To ensure your desired username is available, we recommend searching for it first within the YouTube platform before attempting to create it as a new account.
How do I remove my personal name from YouTube?
Removing your personal name from YouTube is relatively straightforward. To start, go to your YouTube account’s Settings page and click on the “Advanced” tab. From here, you can change the display name associated with your account. You may also want to consider changing any other identifying information such as profile pictures, URLs or descriptions that include your name. Additionally, if you have created any videos on YouTube in which you are identified by name or otherwise personally identifiable, then it would be advisable to delete those videos and replace them with versions in which no personal information is shared. Finally, be aware of comments and replies that could indicate who owns an account; these should be monitored regularly for any updates that might reveal a user’s identity.
How do I unlink my YouTube name from Gmail?
Unlinking your YouTube name from Gmail is a straightforward process and can be done in just a few steps. Below are the steps needed to unlink your YouTube name from Gmail:
1. Log into both accounts (YouTube and Gmail) with the same username or email address.
2. On the YouTube account, go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Linked Accounts & Brand Accounts.
3. Scroll down until you see “Linked Google Account” then click on it and select “Remove” next to the listed Google/Gmail account which is linked to your Youtube channel name; this will unlink them completely and allow you to use different usernames or emails for each account if desired.
4. After removing this link, you should now be able to log into either of these accounts using different credentials without any issues!